Creativity

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
~Sylvia Plath

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Boy, How Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last blogged!  This is truly disheartening but is living proof that our daily lives can completely consume us and take us away from our passions in life.  It's amazing how writing can be so soothing, yet invigorating.  And I don't mean writing an email or a text message - but really taking the time to sit down and write about your inner-most thoughts and feelings.  I've always been a writer - I kept a diary when I was only in 2nd grade (A Little Mermaid diary no less!), had multiple journals through middle and high school, and even kept a log when I was college! My mom always tells me that I would leave her notes on the kitchen table, everything from "where is my allowance money" to telling her about my day at school.  I'm pretty sure she still has some of those notes. 

Lately, even with all the accomplishments in life, and all of the great things to celebrate, I've been feeling like something is missing, like the fibers of my being are just being, and not really LIVING - and maybe it is writing that has been missing from my life.  When I write, it forces me tap into my inner soul and while I don't always know why I am feelig a certain way, it certainly does make me understand that there's something there - something to hoan in on that may otherwise go unnoticed.  So no matter how busy work is, or how much time I spend working out or hanging with friends, I am making a promise to myself to just sit down and write sometimes.  I've read that making a goal specific makes it easier to achieve so I am going to say that I need to sit down and write once a week. There. It's done. No looking back now.  It's time to get back to my roots and start pouring my heart out with a paper and pen, er, laptop and keyboard.

Much love,
Lindz

No comments:

Post a Comment