Creativity

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
~Sylvia Plath

Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Cleaning!

What is it about the first warm day that makes me want to clean every inch of my house and car? Yesterday, with high temperatures around 60 degrees here in New Jersey, I was sent into a full-on cleaning frienzye with a spree that totaled 5 hours. I cleaned out my car, organized the inside and the trunk (with pop-up bins from the previously mentioned Dollar Tree), insert a new air freshener, and aired out the inside. In my loft, I oiled and waxed all of the wood furniture, cleaned all of the sheets and blankets, cleaned out drawers and started a new "giveaway bag", dusted all of my photo frames, organized certain "sketchy" areas to make better use of the space, and even had time to put together Spring Gifts for my boyfriend, mom and grandma.

By the time dinner rolled around, I was indulging in my annual corned beef and cabbage, and yes, I was exhausted. But the smell of clean and cool fresh air made me drift to sleep with a wide grin on my face.

Happy spring everyone! May the warmer weather and longer days bring cleanliness and organization to even your dirtiest of areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment